South West France
- The LOT is one of the most beautiful, sparsely populated and unspoiled parts of
- Great food, wine and wonderful produce at local markets are all on your doorstep.
- The village of Frayssinet le Gelat is 40 minutes by car from the regional capital
CAHORS which is a beautiful Romanesque town on the picturesque LOT river.
- The beautiful medieval wall towns and villages of Sarlat, Saint-Cirq-Lapopie, Monpazier, Domme and the magnificent Rocamadour are all less than an hour away.
- Our English speaking property manager, who lives five minutes away, can handle all your queries and give advice.
- French lessons can be arranged for all levels from beginners upwards.
Frayssinet le Gelat is tiny, but has a wonderful Boulangerie (next door to the house) and a well stocked mini supermarket. There is a local bar, restaurant and a swimming hole (Plan D’eau) which has an outdoor eating café during summer months. It is a pretty village and the residents are extremely friendly.
CAHORS has a major train station with links to all cities in France. Avis and Europcar have offices located directly opposite the train station. The major regional airports of Bordeaux and Toulouse are both two hours drive away, and Bergerac only one hour. All car rental companies have offices at these airports.